Join us for a rigorous exploration of breaking news and trending topics in the world of AML compliance and financial crime. Our expert panelists will tell you what’s happening, why it matters and where things may be headed from here. It’s a can’t-miss briefing on subjects you need to know about, with tips to help your organization respond.
• Strengthening your CDD practices and geographic risk assessments to unmask potential TBML • Effectively spotting methods of facilitating black market peso exchanges • Boosting your monitoring techniques to detect cross-border money movements and third-party payments serving no clear business purpose
• Understanding reliance when it comes to third parties conducting some or all elements of CIP • Identifying the benefits and risks of third-party AML/KYC contracted reliance and whether it is the best option for your institution • Developing a robust process for internal AML/KYC reliance between business units and/or corporate functions that meet regulatory expectations
• Understanding regulators’ growing focus on the need for enterprise risk management (ERM) programs • Developing strategies for an effective ERM program that encompasses the advanced aspects of BSA/AML compliance
• Improving AML programs to ensure the proper reporting of suspicious transactions • Avoiding penalties arising from inadequate systems, weak internal controls and flawed recordkeeping • Spotting and reporting suspicious actions such as minimal gaming with large transactions
• Pinpointing common fraud schemes using cryptocurrencies for money transport • Developing alert libraries to identify potential abuses linked to mobile payments • Mining the web and social networks to enhance CDD/EDD on virtual currencies
• Examining trade-based money laundering in the commodities markets • Successfully identifying banking relationships linked to Russia’s blacklisted oligarchs • Enhancing your systems and procedures in accordance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
• Assembling an enterprise-wide client onboarding governance team to assure consistent client screening • Collaborating with IT to verify customer identity or entity ownership, sanctions screening and producing intelligent document management • Formalizing behavior- and transaction-based ongoing monitoring methods to detect actions requiring reviews or corrective action